Dave Talley (Email)
Urgent Announcement (May 20, 2020)
It is with deep sadness and regret that I write to inform you that CAMP 2020 will be postponed until 2021.
After spending time in prayer, in patience, in planning, in seeking for advice, in considering the restrictions and the unknowns, it has become evident that a decision had to be made at this time.
For those interested in what considerations have forced us into this situation, allow me to list a few of the top concerns:
– Finding an adequate # of camp staff volunteers was becoming increasing questionable.
– Providing for a safe environment for the campers and staff (legally and medically) appeared to be an insurmountable challenge.
– The logistics of running a week of camp under the pressures of the risk of a COVID-19 outbreak is impractical.
– The desire to err on the side of caution rather than to take unnecessary risks obligates us to cancel this yearâ€™s week of camp.
Please pray sincerely for the teens, juniors, the staff, their families, their churches, and their communities that God would protect and bless each one individually and all of us collectively. Pray that this change of plans would be used by God to direct all of us humbly to seek His face sincerely.
We will all miss our usual, annual, wonderful week at camp ToHiGlo. Pray for those responsible for the camp ground as well. Their summer is likely to be turned upside down in many ways.
If circumstances improve dramatically, perhaps we can schedule some kind of DBF event for the teens and/or juniors this summer. If not, the DBF C7 (DelMarVa Baptist Fellowship Council of 7) will certainly look to encourage a reconnection event as soon as possible.
Thank you all for your prayers, support, and concern.
By the way, if you have paid any registration fees or camp tuition for 2020, you can expect to be fully reimbursed.
– David Talley, Camp Director